Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Found a horse to ride!



Say hello to my new buddy, Cascade. She's a 10 yr. old thoroughbred, former hunter-jumper show horse. Now her owner, Aubrey doesn't have as much time to ride her as she'd like between work and school, so that's where I step in. I'm going to be riding her once, maybe twice a week on the trails near her house. She lives right near Saguaro National Park, so there's tons of trails around. Cascade gets a lot of attention on the trail because she's beautiful and almost 17 hands (5'8")tall, which is about the tallest horse I've ever seen, and definately the tallest horse I've ridden. Oh...and the height measurement on a horse is just to the withers (shoulder), then add a foot or two for the head. I had to climb up a fence to get on her, then getting down was a loonnngg slide.

The barn where she's being kept is about an hours drive, but well worth it!

-Laura

4 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cascade is beautiful!!!! I bet you are going to have a lot of fun on her! Are you going to get a saddle for Snuggy?

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like things are really coming togather for you two. Laura, don't forget that those things that wiggle on the ground are usually snakes and not the kind you get in Michigan. Be careful. Helen

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,

How much did you pay to ride Cascade? Just curious, as I'm thinking of using one of my horses for the same purpose.

Thank you,
Sherry

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Actually I didn't pay anything. The owner just wanted her to get exercise. Cascade was a great horse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home