Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Trail Obstacles?

One of the advantages of directing sales in the east and living in the west is that most of my business is concluded by 3pm my time, 5 pm EST. That leaves me at least a couple of days during the week to get a bike ride in before the sun sets at 5:30(I hate that about winter)!

Yesterday I rode my mountain bike from "home" to the 50 year trail. I was able to get in 6 miles on the road and 8 miles of intense singletrack before the sun set.

I've run into many different trail obstacles in the 28 states and 1,200 miles I've put on my bike in the last year, but this is the first time I've run into this:

A momma and her brand new baby! Normally, cows tend to be fairly skittish animals, especially if you are on a bicycle. But with child, they can get a little aggressive! This mom was busy munching on the cactus with her hind end all the way across the trail and her baby in the background(sorry about the pic quality, it's a phone!). As I approached she looked up and gave a stomp with her front foot as if to say, "I'll move when I'm done eating!" I waited a couple of minutes and "mom" decided she had enough and moved on.

All of the "fall" babies must have been born in the past week, I saw four different sets of mommas' and calves on my ride. Most of them far off the trail, but very aware I was there!

-Rich-

2 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanh mr bush ror being able to bag it all

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Yeah,

Thanks for those words of wisdom captain spell check ;)

Rich

 

Post a Comment

<< Home