Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Horses horses horses!

Ok....so I've been looking for a horse to lease since we got here, to no avail. Now, between my posting on craigslist and a free ad I put on equine.com, I've found 3 places to check out. The first I wrote about on Tuesday. The second, came when a woman on Craigslist emailed me to say I could ride her horse anytime. So yesterday, after work I drove 40 miles to the middle of nowhere to see the horse. Well, without being snobby and being politically correct, it was a big fat "NO". There were 2 horse, one was arthritic, the other (the "rideable" one) looked like he'd seen better days. The owner guessed he was about 15, but he looked a lot older. Apparently he's been ridden once in 2 years, the last time being a year ago. The last person who rode him got bucked off. The saddle in the tack room was covered in an inch of dust & dirt. So, the bottom line is that I'm decent on a horse, but I'm not about to risk getting bucked off.

On Sunday I'm going to look at a thoroughbred as a possible lease. It's also far, way over on the east side, by Saguaro National Park. It's a college girl who owns the horse, but doesn't have the time to ride him. Sounds like a high-end horse because she was telling me about his championship hunter/jumper points, etc. I'm not looking for a champion, just a horse that will trail ride without freaking out if something runs across our path. Stay tuned!

Rich comes home tomorrow. Hooray!!!!!!!

-Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home