Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Payday and other stuff


Today Rich and I went mountain biking. We both drove in the car to the trailhead, then went our separate ways because Rich rides longer and faster than I do. I rode for about an hour before the heat and sun, and my lack of physical fitness, got the best of me. After a quick shower, I took the scooter up the street to the hardware store to get some diesel stabilizer. Apparently diesel fuel can get all gummy in a couple of months from moisture and sitting. The hardware store only had stuff for gas engines, so they sent me 10 miles down Oracle to Fletchers. After a quick stop for lunch, I stopped at the closest gas station to our moho and gassed up the scooter. I put $2.28 in, which is how much gas I used all of last week! Not bad, eh?

Yesterday I got my first paycheck in over a year, so to celebrate we went out to dinner at Bistro Zin. We thought the menu looked intriguing when we were here last year, but never went. Tonight we went to Sachiko sushi because they had nigri pieces for $1/each. We chowed down and still saved $15 over what we usually spend. This deal is going on until Halloween, so we're going back on Tuesday night.

What's the picture of the Peeps slippers got to do with anything? Nothing, but I stumbled upon it and thought it was a funny way to end a blog.







-Laura

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,
Do they have those Peeps slippers in my dad's size? Thanks, Dawn. PS Congrats on the payday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home