Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Running, Errands and Trout; Glacier NP

The Day started out brisk, 48 degrees! It was my day to run, but I waited till it warmed up to about 50 at 9AM , before heading out the door. I've been running 2 times per week for the past 2 weeks and I'm starting to see some improvement in my stride, my breathing and my distance. Today added another element, hills. Our campground in built into the side of a mountain and it got my heart rate up rather quickly.

When I returned from my run, we headed out to the local Wal-Mart for some misc supplies, which included and assortment of flies; To try our hand at catching some Rainbow trout in the pond in our campground. There is an assortment of Polaroid pictures in the lobby that show smiling people with their 14" and 16" Rainbows the campground claims were caught in the pond. I've been skeptical of these "catches" since an experience we had in Pennsylvania; A campground had a bunch of pictures of locals with large mouth bass they claimed were taken from their mud pit they called a pond. I spent a weekend catching nothing more then a cold!


So..........



............Here is my picture, ready to added to their "wall of fame" with my 13" rainbow that is currently sitting in our refrigerator for dinner tomorrow! I threw one much smaller one back, lost 3 others and Laura didn't have much luck at all. Hopefully, we can add another by dinner time tomorrow. I think we are going to cook it like the steaks the previous day, over an oak fire.

After dinner, we spent the evening with fellow full-timers Toni and Mike by the pond, with drinks, trying to add to our catch. None of us were successful :(

Tomorrow, the four of us are headed to Big Mountain Ski area for a chairlift ride to the top and a mountain bike ride back down. This will be Toni and Mike's first real off-road adventure. I already have confirmation from a local bike shop that the decent is beginner friendly!

We promised to return them back to the campground in one piece ;)

-Rich-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home