Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

More Mountain biking



Today we rode the Bent Creek trails. They are a series of short trails that all connect together in one form or another, most are 1-3 miles in length. We took our trusty trail map, parked the car and started climbing. We kept climbing and climbing and climbing. We were even climbing when we didn't know we were climbing. About 2.5 miles in, I was exhausted and thinking I was in sorry shape to be so tired after a little more than 2 miles. We turned around to try another trail and we started going downhill....and kept doing downhill unitl we came to a bridge where we could branch off to head back to the car, or see what's on the other side of the bridge. Since I was feeling infinitely better after realizing I'd been climbing and not in as bad a shape as I thought, we elected to go over the bridge. Before we did, I took a pic (above) of a poem about trees that was on a sign post along the side of the trail. I just thought it was cool that they put that out in the forest. Click on the pic to make it bigger. We followed the bridge trail back to our car. Rich wanted to go off and do a "boy ride" (i.e. faster ride) and I wasn't quite done, so I rode off onto a logging road, that of course went up. I ground out about a mile before I turned around and flew back to the car. Rich got back about 15 minutes later, covered in mud.

As we were pulling into the RV park, there were 2 class A motorhomes parked and registering. One was towing a small pickup truck that had a sticker on it that said, "Please be patient, I'm pushing a big motorhome." I thought that was hilarious. I'm waiting until they get set up to go compliment them.

Another funny comes from the MMBA (Mich. Mtn. Biker) bulletin board. It's a link to a funny auction on Ebay. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home