Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Moutain biking & laundry

Ahhh....no pictures to post today. We were riding too fast to take pics yesterday. We took a day trip over to Tsali (about 60 miles & 1.5 hours) and rode the Thompson loop trail (7.7 miles). The first & last 2 miles were screaming fast downhill, but the middle 3 miles were looonnnggg, gradual uphills. I rode, walked, stopped, rode, walked, stopped....for a long time. Poor Rich was probably bored to tears. He said it was similar to me walking on a horse the day before....slow, but at least I was on a horse. LOL! On the way back we stopped at the Nantahala Outdoor Center where we had lunch & watched people in various forms of boats, kayaks, & rafts come down the river. It looked like fun. We check the temp fo the river and it was ccccold!

After we got back I went and met Kristen who's web page Road Sweet Road I've been following for months. She's a single, 30's woman who's full-timing in her RV & traveling by herself. She has guts. I'd get too bored and lonley to do it myself. She seems pretty fun. I hope I get a chance to talk to her more often.

Last night we chilled around the campsite after we BBQ'd some ribs and shared a bottle of wine.

Today was laundry day. The campground only has 1 washer & 1 dryer, which I figured would take us all day to do. Instead we found this seedy laundry where we spent an outrageous $10 to get all our laundry done (compared to $6 last week). We did have some entertainment from a guy named, "Squirrel" and his wife/girlfriend. He told us he's been coming to this laundry mat since he was 17 and he's 41! Dude could have bought a washer & dryer by now. So from Squirrel we learned to use the "Super highspeed spinner" machine to cut our dry time in 1/2, where the projects are, why he has a police scanner attached to his belt, that both med-vac heliocopters are currently in use, which dollar store is best, and the fact that they are also living in an RV (but not by choice). Made a dull day of laundry a little more entertaining.

Later we found an asian market because I've been craving korean food (go figure!) and there's no korean restaurants around Asheville. I had to take matters into my own hands and stumble through making some bulgogi. That will be dinner tomorrow night. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home