Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Finally stopped raining





Today it FINALLY stopped raining, after 2 solid days of rain. Even though it was still cold & cloudy, we took the opportunity to get out and ride our bikes. We went out to the Pine Creek rail trail. We started about 1 mile from the northernmost point and rode 9.5 miles south, then back to our car, for a total of 19 miles. Going south was easy & slightly downhill, but coming back was a little tougher & into the wind.

Rich got to do some fishing in the pond behind our campsite. Supposedly there’s trout & bass in there. Rich says trout only live in moving water, so that may be a stretch. He did find tons of aquatic newts along the bank, so he hooked a couple & used them as bait. I’ve included a pic of a couple he scooped out. He never caught anything more than newts, but was happy for the opportunity to fish. I’ve also put up pics from our campsite and along the rail trail. We’ll be moving on tomorrow (Monday) to Hershey, PA. After that we turn south for our next stop, Tsali/Ashville, NC. There’ll probably be a stop along the way down, but we’re not sure where. I’m thinking another Wal-mart stop is a good idea because I hate to spend $20 for 12 hours of camping. I’m also thinking/hoping that Hershey is a major city because I’m about ready to be back in civilization where we get cell phone service and we can get some sushi. I haven’t had any in over a week, so I’m having a craving.

We’re going to drive the moho & car separately to Wellsboro, park the moho in a grocery store lot, then drive over to the library so Rich can do some work stuff & I can update the blog with pictures.

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like your seeing some nice color change. It's definitely cool in Michigan. We missed you at Susannah's christening on Sunday.
Drive safe. XO Mom

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I have a cabin in the Wellsboro area. I hope the weather didn't taint your view of this area, as it's absolutely gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home