Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Mom arrives!

Mom arrived today. I was expecting her around 12:30. I waited while Rich went on a long walk to the Arc de Triomphe and back. Around 1:30, mom still wasn’t here and I was hungry, so I set out on my own. I was cruising around the island, looking for some lunch when I ran into Rich, also looking for lunch. So, after a great crepe lunch, we headed back to the apt. to see mom. She’d arrived and was tired but determined to stay up. First she had to go around the apartment showing us where everything was and re-arranging (nesting) things to her taste. Once she’d settled in and made some phone calls, we went for a walk and for dinner at Chinese restaurant. On the way back we got a short tour of the “best” places for cheese, meat, bread, flowers, etc. We also stopped for a bouquet of gladiola and dahlias. Now mom it’s almost 8:30 and mom’s struggling to stay awake. Me, I’ll be wide awake at 10-11pm….and struggling to sleep at 1:30 a.m. It’s a bummer that I’ve had such a struggle adjusting to the time this year, but that will also make it easier to adjust when we get back. At least this time I won’t have to get back and go right to work. Last year was a struggle because at 4pm. I’d be at work wanting to go to bed for the night!

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooooo crepes. I love crepes! I bet they are especially good over in France. Do you think there is anyway you could fed ex me one of those? Anyway how is Chineese over there? It's 12:30 here in Michigan, almost lunch time for me. Can you tell I'm hungrey? Miss you. :)Kristina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home