Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Home at last.....


So we wound up staying in Gaylord at the Otsego Lake State Park ($22/night) and taking a day trip to Petoskey in search of sushi and fresh mozzarella to go with all these tomatoes I seem to have accumulated. The general store was sold out, but the gourmet store in Bay Harbor was selling them for a whopping $12.69 a ball!!!!!!!!!!! Outrageous! I guess there are some people with more money then brains. We walked around Petoskey a bit before placing a carryout order for sushi that we ate outside at a picnic table. YUM!!!!!!! SUSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was great!

This morning, I went back to visit CaroleSue while Rich rode his mountain bike at Aspen Park in Gaylord. Rich dropped my bike & I off at CS's so I could ride back to the moho after I was done, since it was only 2 miles and the mtb. trail was 7 miles away. I had a great time again with the birds. We took them outside & when she put Nicky (the Molluccan) on the ground, he went streaking towards the woods. She had to stop him because he's been known to try to climb up a tree....and not come down. I've put a pic of me, Sonny (Umbrella 'too) and Nicky at the top. Now we're home and chilling while we go through the mounds of laundry we've accumulated. Thank goodness we did laundry in Copper Harbor.

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura...This blog is really cool! But get off the Sushi thing and grab a hamburger!
:)Kristina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home