Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Thursday, August 25, 2005

A road ride

Today Rich & struck out by ourselves for a road ride from Copper Harbor to Eagle Harbor, 14 miles away. We didn't take the camera, so there's no pictures from today's ride. When we got into town, we found a nice place to have lunch. I had a lobster pizza. It was incredibly good!! I'm not even a pizza person. I am, however, craving sushi like nobody's business. I'm sure there's nowhere to get sushi anywhere in the U.P. In fact, we're considering a stop in Petoskey on the way back just 'cause we know they have sushi there. Anyway, after lunch we headed back to CH, which turned out to be a pretty quick ride, at least for the first 12 miles since we had the wind at our back and a relatively flat ride. The roads here are sooooo smooth, no potholes from salt use. So I really started pooping out in the last 2 miles because there was a couple of climbs and I was just dead. We did have a nice downhill into town. After a quick shower, Rich is taking a nap, and I'm aimlessly surfing the web.

Tomorrow morning we're packing up to head home over the next 3 days. We're thinking of stopping in Munising the first night, then either Petoskey or Gaylord the 2nd, then home on Sunday. I have my last day of work on Monday. Woo Hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home