Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Friday, August 19, 2005

August 19, 2005




Today was the day we drove to Marquette from Rapid River. It was our easiest drive yet, only 54 miles. Although I’ll miss the free wi-fi from the last place, I won’t miss the train that traveled 25 yards from our campsite at 2pm, 5:45 a.m. and 7 a.m. Nor will I miss hearing the big trucks zoom by on US-2. Now we’re in Marquette at the Tourist Park campground. It’s very nice and wooded and has a separate tent area. We’re on a full hookup 30 amp. site. Won’t be needing 50 amps since we probably won’t even be running our a/c. The temp is only about 75, cloudy and humid. It’s been raining for a lot of this trip, but at least it’s not hot. Tomorrow is the Ore to Shore mountain bike race (www.oretoshore.com) I’m still not sure if I’ll do it. I’m soooo out of shape compared to past years. Last year I hardly rode my mountain bike, but at least I was out on my road bike at 2-3 times a week. This year I just didn’t feel like riding any bike when it was 90-95 and humid, which is was for most of June & July. I’m signed up and can’t get a refund, so I’ll probably do it. Even though it’s 28 miles and has a few “Oh Sh*t!” big hills, it’s an overall descent of 800’, so it’s more down than up. Wish me luck! .

By the way….the picture is Rich being a funny guy when I tried to take his picture when driving to Marquette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home