Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My first sorta day at work


Yesterday I dropped Rich off at the Tucson airport at 5:30am for his trip to Baltimore. He's there until Sunday for a natural food show. So I'm alone until then....just Snuggles and I. Guess this is kinda like being a single parent...LOL!

Today I went up to Sierra-Tucson for a meet & greet. I met my boss, then we went to lunch where I met 10 future co-workers. We had a great italian lunch, so now we know of a good, close place to go. There's not a lot that's close since we're in a pretty rural area. I got the quicky tour when we got back. It's a pretty swanky place. I also found out that 80% of their patients come from out of state, which makes sense because they are a cash only place. Operating a rehab on cash only is pretty impressive and not easy to do. I should be able to start next week after I've been "blessed" by HR. I had to go yesterday morning and get a physical and drug screen. They're also doing a background check. This is a pretty extensive hiring process, especially for a temporary job.

This afternoon, I went to the local coffee shop that has wifi to order some more work clothes, update the blog and do some general surfing. Rich called while I was here. He's in 87 degrees and humidity, while I'm in 96 and dry. We're not sure which is worse, but I think the 87 & humid is worse now that I've experienced both.

Ok....I'm off to the moho. Later!

Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home