Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Friday, October 06, 2006

Signing papers, mountain biking, & weather



Yesterday was a day of firsts for us. It was the first time we saw cloudy weather in AZ and we experienced our first desert rain. You'd think...ok...it's the desert, this rain will be over in 10 minutes. Wrong! You can see the rain approaching quickly. That was the first batch, which lasted about 10 minutes. An hour later batch #2 came through, then around 10pm. the big whopper hit. It rained continuously (I think) ALL night! From about 5pm on, there was thunder and lightening. It must be a really big deal because when I was driving home from the grocery store everyone was outside watching the lightening.

This morning I went over to the HR department at Sierra-Tucson to sign papers to become an official employee. Whew! What a process! On top of everything else, I was there, signing papers for almost an hour! And I still have more stuff to read. It's all the same stuff I've signed and learned about before (infectous diseases, fire safety, HIPAA, etc.).

Since it was such a nice day today (high about 87), I decided to go mountain biking. The trail is about 3-4 miles from home and never ceases to surprise. Last year we always saw some sort of unusual (to us) creature. Today was no exception. I saw a chipmunky thing, lizards, and THE BIGGEST spider I've ever seen. I was going to stop and take a pic with my camera phone, but I decided I didn't want my feet anywhere near this spider. Did I mention how big it was? It was HUGE!!! I started getting tired soon (too soon) and started making mistakes. At one point my hand smacked this tree-cactus thing. OUCH! I tried to pull it out of my glove, but it kept breaking into pieces. When I finally got it all out, my hand had multiple puncture wounds. At that point I was done, so I turned around and headed back. Tonight I'm going to chill out and watch a movie.

-Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home