Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Road Ride

Somewhere between Eugene & Harrisburg

Today, I decided to ride my road bike from Eugene to the Monaco Facility in Harrisburg. It was about 28 miles out there, with a strong wind hitting me in the face the whole time. I managed a 16 mph average, despite the wind.

I took this pic, with my phone, of the road I was on for about 14 miles of the ride out. That scene didn't change for the entire 14 miles, there wasn't anything to look at except hay fields but that also meant no traffic!

I pulled into camp Monaco just in time for lunch. I did a quick check on the coach. They have the bedroom slide and driver side slides rebuilt and are starting on the passenger side slide. They hope to water test the repairs by mid next week. So far, they are ahead of schedule; Let's hope they stay that way!

On the way back, I felt like a superstar. It's amazing what a BIG wind at your back, pink frosted sugar cookies and kickin' tunes on the ipod can do for your riding! I skipped the scenic route along the Willamette River, so the route back was 24 miles. I made it back in 1 hour and 10 minutes!

What a great ride -Rich-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home