Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Friday, July 28, 2006

BMX'ing in Eugene





This afternoon Rich, Snuggles & I rode our bikes (Snuggles rode on the handlebars) over to the BMX track at the local park. I think the park is called Alton Baker park. It seems to be the center of activities here. The nice thing is that it's less than 1/2 mile away. In the picture above, you can see the bike shed where we store our bikes at the Residence Inn. It's a wonderful feature, especially since we have nowhere else to store our bikes. They keep a key at the front desk, and we have our bikes locked up within the locked shed. Plus, we can see them from our window.

Anyway, the 3 of us headed off on our mountain bikes to the BMX track. Rich went first, while I snapped as many pictures as I could. The ones posted are the best of a bunch of about 15. Rich only took 2 pics of me, one of which wound up being my butt, so we're NOT going to post that. Snuggles mostly watched, but she thought it was pretty cool. After a couple of runs we headed back. I found out BMX'ing is harder & more tiring than it looks.

Later that evening, I was pulling out our rice cooker, and it somehow jumped out of my hands! I think I killed it because it's got some funky things in the window and it's not showing any signs of power/life. I was bummed because it's a really nice rice cooker. Fortunately, there's a really good asian market & deli here, so tomorrow's budget buster will be buying a new (but this time smaller) rice cooker. Ouch! In the morning, we're taking our bikes over the the Eugene Saturday market, which is just a mile away, and actually easier to access by bike than by car.

-Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home