Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Friday, June 30, 2006

BIG news on the job front!

Besides the broker meeting, I was in Denver to discuss future possibilities with the family owners of Maverick. They have always been very supportive of my business back in Michigan. They were also aware of and supportive of the the "bag-it-tour" from the beginning.

The development of new initiatives for the next five years have created some opportunities within the organization. Today we discussed me joining the team, not as a broker, but as an employee of the company! I have the opportunity to become a Business development Manager. I would follow-up on leads that come into the company and from trade shows, develop new business, manage parts of the broker network, aid in new roll-outs, trade shows and other facets of day to day operations. I would have a salary plus commission with FULL benefits; Something I have not had since starting my own business almost 6 years ago!

The best part of the deal is I can start now, while on the road, developing new business! My role would increase, once we park for the winter in Tucson and have more of a base from which I can work and travel from. The responsibilities will then grow even further, and are guaranteed to be there for me should we choose to land in the Denver area in 07. If we decide not to land in Denver, I can always return to a broker role of the business, but without the benefits.

It's wonderful to have so many opportunities to choose from for landing, it also makes the ultimate decision that much more difficult! At least for now, we can take comfort in knowing we both have positions nailed down through early next summer and a great opportunity to put a large amount of money away for landing!

-Rich-

2 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich,
Congrats! Look forward to hearing more about it when we see you in Lexington over Labor Day.
Cheers,
Dawn and Stephen

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Thanks guys! The new position may force a change in plans for the August return to Michigan. There are business opportunities to explore in the pacific northwest before we head down to AZ for the winter. Stay tuned!

Rich

 

Post a Comment

<< Home