Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Waterless Carwash?

First, a little background. Very few campgrounds allow you to wash your coach on-site. Especially out west where water is a very valuable resource. Truck washes just don't cut it, the pressure washers are just too powerful for an RV. Of course, no good RV'er wants to pull into the campground with a dirty rig ;)

I was first introduced to waterless carwash products in Quartzsite. I started using a product called Dri-Wash and Guard. Basically, you spray it on, it emulsifies the dirt, you wipe it off, it forms a haze and you buff to a shine. It is a good product and has served me well, it is, however, very expensive.

Then, our good friend Rick, the Canadian eh, who also used Dri-Wash, introduced me to a new product. No- Wet Waterless Concepts, the same basic concept as Dri-Wash, at 1/3 of the price. No-Wet also has a few key differences from Dri-Wash, that really made me make the change.

For those of you who don't know, I represent an Organic meat company (Maverick Ranch) based out of Denver, CO. So, I am always promoting "all-natural", "organic" and "additive free" to my customers and end users. No-Wet follows this concept with VOC-free(volatile organic compounds) line of vehicle care products. Basically, No-Wet uses Kanolin clay to trap and emulsify the dirt and Carnuba Wax to leave a protective coating and shine. The main ingredient in Dri-Wash is Kerosene. It leaves a great shine, but doesn't seem to last very long. Now, both products deliver what they promise. However, No-Wet follows the same guides lines that I promote in the "natural" meat business, and these issues are important to me. That, and the much lower cost :)

I contacted the owners of the company and became a distributor of their products. My first product order was waiting for me here at the campground when we arrived. The owners understand that RVer's naturally don't have a lot of space to maintain inventory and are willing to work with me on Just in Time deliveries of product as needed. We'll see how it goes!

So, "clean and green" is the motto for me, whether it's dead cow or car care products!

-Rich-

2 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Now you're selling this waterless product too, huh? So how much do you need to do a 40' coach, and how much would that cost?

Oh yeah, who's pictures are those on those driver licenses??

Garry

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you would like to become a No-Wet Distributor, contact No-Wet Waterless Concepts at www.nowet.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home