Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Friday, November 25, 2005

Life in Santa Barbara








So here we are in Santa Barbara...70 and sunny most every day. Lots of celebreties, beautiful people, and big houses for big money. Also some little houses for big money. We got our moho parked at my aunt's. She lives on a BIG hill. Fortunately the property is divided into layers, so we were able to get our moho onto the 1st layer and even get it plugged in to keep our fridge cold. We chilled with my dad and step-mom that first night. On Wednesday we realized we forgot a whole bunch of stuff at the moho, so we drove back. It's about 45 minutes if you take the mountain pass, or more if you take the 101 freeway (which we took in the RV). She lives just outside of Los Olivos, the scene of the movie, "Sideways". After we got our stuff, we went into the town of Los Olivos to the tasting room for a glass of wine and appetizers.

Later we went back to Santa Barbara where we had lunch at the Santa Barbara Shellfish Company. We knew of this place because just 2 mos. ago, we'd seen an episode of "Rachael Ray's $40 a day" show that she did in Santa Barbara. But of course, she orders stuff that's not on the menu. I remembered and found out it was the 1/2 lobster cesear salad for $14.95. Rich had lobster tacos and was in heaven. The rest of the day was spent chilling and getting ready for Thanksgiving.

On Thanksgiving we decided we needed to burn off some calories before we gorged ourselves on turkey. We drove into town and rode our bikes along the ocean, but the path was too crowded, so we hit the street with all the other bikers, of which there were TONS. We basically rode along the water until the street tuned inland and went up. Then we turned around and went down. Then we went past our car and went up, then Rich decided he wanted to ride back to the house and kept going up. I went back to the car, a total of almost 16 miles of up & down. That night we had dinner with some of my dad and Kum-Su's friends, a total of 8 of us. A good time was had by all. Later as Rich & I were chilling & watching TV, my stomach started not to feel so good. It just seemed to get worse and worse as the night went on, so I didn't sleep very well. By this morning, I was fine after breakfast. Rich went off for a short mtn. bike ride, but I wasn't up for that. After he gets back, we're going to my aunt's to play for the day. I'll put pics in when Rich gets back with the camera.

Laura

2 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA!!!
Everytime Thanksgiveing rolls around, I think of deep-fried turkey and camping at Ft. Custer!! :)
~ScOoTeR

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw that doggie is so cute! Looks like you guys are having a blast in Malibu. The Thanksgiving dinner, um well I didn't expect any less from you Laura! Oh and by the way, you are so right about Rachel Ray. 40 Dollars a day my bum:)
~Kristina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home