Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Monday, November 14, 2005

Mountain Biking in Sedona and more...








This morning Rich went to the bike shop....alone. This is always a dangerous situation because he never just comes home with what he went to buy. Today was no exception. He went to get a bottle of Stan's tube sealer, and came home with the Stan's and a new set of tires because "we need beefier tires out here, there's rocks." *sigh* (OK, in my defense, I got a flat on the Hutchinson Python Air Lites, when I told the guys at the shop what I was using, they just laughed! It sucks being laughed at as a Michigan flatlander using racer boy tires?! So off with the Hutchinsons, on with new Maxxis Ignitor 2.35's, big, wide, knobby treads, these things rock. I'm not in Michigan anymore, Toto!! Oh yeah, I swapped out Laura's Pythons for Panaracer Trail Blaster 2.1's, before she got any flats. - Rich)

Our neighbors here also have a Georgie Boy motorhome, but it's real short, it is only 24'. We've nicknamed them, "the stubby people" because they're also short. LOL! Anyway, they took off this morning, and we thought they were gone. Turns out they went somewhere and came back using their moho since they don't have a car. We can't imagine having to disconnect and store everything, everytime you wanted to go somewhere! I've also heard them talking spanish to eachother. We should take Snug and meet them.

We did some awesome mountain biking today. I rode for about an hour, doing a measly 5 miles of up & down, over some rocky terrain. After I was worn out, Rich went to do a "boy" ride, while I took off, planning to meet him 1.5 hrs. later. (I put in just over 2 hours of riding, only covered 14 miles, but, boy was it great. I did the Courthouse Butte loop and part of the Templeton loop. Both loops follow a creek bed, in and out, over slick rock, steep, rocky climbs and scary fast decents with numerous 1 to 2' drops! I did lose the trail once, in an open expanse of slick rock, and spent some time trying to figure out where I was. I loved every minute of it! Once again, I'm not in Michigan anymore. So, off with the Fox 80mm Stable platform front shock. Now going to Manitou Black Fork with adjustable travel, 80mm to 100mm, which I had in the motorhome as a spare. The guys back at the bike shop just shook their heads when I told them what fork I was using!? I'm going out with these guys on Wednesday morning for a group ride. They understand I'm a Michigan flatlander and have promised to bring me back in one piece! However, they keep mentioning 4' drop-offs, I'm a little worried! These people also go out with full-face helmets(luckily I have one), shin, knee and elbow pads on(those I don't have), now I'm really getting worried! Hopefully, I'll have some great pics to share, providing I survive the ride! - Rich)

I went over to the wine store to confirm our RSVP for the Wednesday wine tasting. I picked up 5 stuffed grape leaves. Actually I bought 4, but the owner threw in one. Good thing because they are small for the $1/each he charges, but they are good. I ate 2 1/2 and saved the other 1/2 for Rich, but it took all my willpower not to eat them all. (The grape leaves were a great after ride treat! - Rich)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home