Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Good bye Sedona :(

Today is our last full day in Sedona, and we are both really sad about it. The weather has been incredible, sunny and 70's during the day and mid 40's at night. It has been like that everyday, for the past eight days, just awesome! But, its time to move on. We need to be in Santa Barbara for Thanksgiving.

Of course, we had to finish off our visit with more biking. We headed over to this rock formation called Submarine Rock. Its this huge formation that, well, looks like a submarine, surrounded by evergreens. Its huge! Here is a pic of Laura riding to one end, while I stood at the top the other end. She is the little spec in the middle of the picture.



Here is pic of me, doing my 'holding my bike over my head' victory pose (not sure why?) at the same end of submarine rock that I snapped the pic of Laura from. You can click on the pics to enlarge them!



We headed back towards the parking lot. Laura decided she had enough for the day. I decided it was going to be an epic day for me, squeeze in everything I can before we leave! I proceeded to do the Mystic trail, Cathedral Pass, Little Horse Trail and Bell Rock Pathway to mix up 22 miles and almost 2,500 feet of climbing! During my ride, I found a bike computer laying in the trail. Not unusal, someone must have crashed, it popped off the bike, they did not notice it and rode off. However, the strangest thing happened when I got back to the capmpsite!



When I returned to show Laura my 'trail booty', she thought I had her computer in my hand. You see, she has the same computer, and she had the exact same mileage on hers as the one I found! The one on the left is the computer I found on the trail, the right one is Laura's. Now, Sedona is all about Vortexs, crystals and all that other goofy stuff I really don't beleive, but this was just too weird! Maybe we should play 538 in the lottery?

So, Sunday morning we head out. This will the last post until we hit Santa Barbara, unless we can scam an unsecured internet signal. Tomorrow we drive to Kingman Arizona where we'll spend the night in a Passport America campground (1/2 price club members!). Monday we'll drive to Barstow, CA where we will utilize the free Wal-MArt parking lot option. Tuesday, its the drive to Santa Barbara. Looking forward to pushing my through the LA freeways with my 48' of vehicles, not!

Check back Tuesday or Wednesday!

Rich

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyyyyyyyy, post up an E-mail account! Your curious friends would like to keep in touch, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home