Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Monday, March 06, 2006

South of the Border

Today we did a road trip to Mexico, Tijuana to be exact. It was about a 1/2 hr. drive to a large parking lot where we parked so we could walk across the border. Getting into Mexico was a breeze, but it took a bit longer to get back. More on that later. Our main reason for going was for me to get my prescription birth control pills...cheap. In the US, the least expensive that I've found was the $25 I paid for a month's supply at Wal-Mart. In Mexico I got a 3 months supply for $10.80! How cheap! Now...as long as I don't get pregnant this will be a bonus. Rich picked up some alcohol at the duty-free store. We got liters of rum & gin for $8 & $10 each. After we were done shopping, we had a very nice...and cheap lunch before heading back. Getting back turned out to take a little longer than we thought. There was a loonngg line just to get into the customs building, but it went a lot faster than expected. I think it took us about 35 minutes to get across. So now we're back home and having a chilling evening until The Apprentice comes on tonight.

Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home