Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Pomona, CA. FMCA Rally: Day 3

More Seminars; The Weather Finally Breaks!

It's been cold, cloudy and rainy here for the past few days. On Wednesday, the sun came out and the temp got into the 70's.

At the nightly entertainment(we didn't spend much time at any of the entertainment, mostly geared to a MUCH older demographic) on Tuesday night, they had a little event for first time attendees, so we headed over to check out the buzz! They were handing out 'Convention Cash' for various categories. This 'cash' is a certificate you can use at the vendors to buy things. Laura and Susan each won some 'cash'. Laura for being one of the youngest first timers' at the rally (dam, she beat me by a year;)). Susan won for traveling the farthest distance to be here.(they originate from Ontario, Canada) So, they were off to spend their 'cash'. They also had a seminar planned titled 'Velcro', that should be interesting!

Rick and I were off to the Spartan chassis seminar. Now, I don't have a Spartan chassis, but a few rally veterans suggested I attend a chassis seminar, it would be very helpful. Monaco uses the Roadmaster chassis, and didn't have a specific seminar planned. The chassis seminar was, without question, the most informative seminar of the whole week! I learned more about my engines maintenance schedule then at the Cummins seminar; I learned more about my Allison trans then at their own seminar! I learned about lube and grease points, intervals, tire pressure etc... They gave out a great handout with schedules, filter part numbers, type of grease suggestions, fluid types etc... Thanks Spartan chassis, THIS was what I was expecting from the seminars!

From there, Rick and I headed over to a battery charging/inverter seminar. They gave some very good points on care and maintenance of the battery system and helped us both understand the charge points and what happening with power distribution when you are at the different points. After this week, I really feel like I have a much better understanding of the 'life blood' of our coach, our electrical and battery system!

Laura and I met back up at the coach around lunch time. She put her 'convention cash' toward one of those maps that you put on your coach and show the states you traveled too! We plan to put it on one of the slides, so it will only show when we are parked.


One the things everyone has to take advantage of at these seminars is the manufactures service. All the major companies have their service teams providing free or low cost maintenance to the attendees. They have a service tent where you can go talk to the reps on problems, get advice, and schedule service. I scheduled Blue Ox to come out and clean, lube and inspect my tow bar and base plate. Kwikee Step to come out and check out why my entry steps intermittently extend while driving! Both companies showed up at appointed times and did their work, FREE, can't beat that! I probably should of had Onan do the generator oil service but were not quite to the hours yet, I'll catch them at another rally!

Another day of all things motorhome. This is the most scheduled our lives have been since we hit the road! I think I need a vacation ;)

-Rich-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home