Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Firehole Canyon

Yesterday Rich and I went on bike rides, although seperately because I can't keep up with him. Rich rode a total of 36 miles round trip in & out of the park. I only rode 12. Being up at 6600' is hard on the lungs. Anyway, Rich rode into Firehole canyon and wanted to show it to me today. I saw a bald eagle on my ride and wanted to show Rich where. Much to my surprise, the eagle was still there! Here's a pic. Click on it to get a slightly better view:














After about 15 miles, we came to Firehole canyon. What a beautiful place!!! I took a picture of Rich looking at some rapids. There was also a chipmunk that came right up to Rich's shoe, looking for food. When Rich tried to take a picture of him, he ran, as if to say, "no food, no picture!" Rich made clicking noises & held his fingers together, as if he had food; when he saw the chipmunk looking up at us from where he'd run. The chipmunk ran back up to Rich's shoe, and again, when we tried to take a pic, he turned tail and ran away. So no food, no chipmunk pictures. *sigh*















We also saw a swimming hole, where the current ran into. There were a ton of people swimming, so the water couldn't have been too cold. Rich said there were only 3 cars parked there yesterday (when the high was only 65), but since it was 72 & sunny today, there were a lot more people. We're going to go tomorrow since it's going to be 76.

Rich bought a fly-fishing package today for a very reasonable price. The shop where he bought it gives free fly fishing lessons on Sunday evenings at 7:30. Free beats the $250 lesson & walking trip most places want to charge. I didn't get any pictures of him casting since it was dark by the time I got there.

-Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home