Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Friday, May 26, 2006

Eugene, Oregon: Cappuccino!

Finally....good cappuccino!

I had the day to myself after dropping Rich off at the downtown Eugene Hilton. He took a day-long class on learning how to repair windshield chips. On the way home, I picked up a cappuccino from on of the many coffee shacks around here. First a little background. I don't like coffee, but looovve cappuccino, especially with a shot of vanilla syrup in it. I'm also very picky about my capp. and have only consistently found good capp. at Starbucks, but it's expensive. My favorite Christmas present this year was a Starbucks card from my dad & step-mom. We managed to stretch it out until March. So, I was a bit skeptical when I saw the many shacks around here. I got a capp. yesterday and it was great. I got another one after dropping off Rich and it was great. Not only do these shacks make a great capp. but they are cheap. Starbucks charges about $3.50, the shacks charge $2.50. I guess the know their coffee because it's so cold and wet here.

Speaking of wet, we've been in rain since Tuesday and it's getting old. At least it's not as bad as California in March, when it rained non-stop for days and days. This is an off & on rain, with teaser bouts of sun. Tomorrow is the Eugene farmer's market. We're hoping the rain holds off at least long enough for us to pick up some fresh fruit.

-Laura

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those coffee shacks? They are all through Washington too. Be sure you see the boat one in Port Orchard when you go to Belfair.

Helen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home