Our Current Location

Click for Tucson, Arizona Forecast

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

We're baaaccckkk!!!!


We're back and feeling much better. I still have a nagging little cough, but otherwise I'm feeling 90% better than before. Rich doesn't even have as much of a cough, but he was sicker longer than I was.

This morning Rich went out for a 16 mile bike ride. I wasn't up for anything like that yet, because whenever I get out of breath in the least, it's a coughting fit. I came over to the clubhouse to do a little surfing. Later we went out for lunch (getting out is a big thrill since we were cooped up for a few days).

So our big event in the last few days was when I received an email from Susan Hollingshead, another young full-time RV'er from Ontario. You can read about them on their site, Coulson Castle Corporation. She emailed me to say they are also in the Chochella valley & would like to meet. She and I talked on the phone when Rich was sick & I wasn't. We planned to get together in the next couple of days for some "girl" time since her husband was out of town and mine was sick. Well...wouldn't you know it, I got sick the next day. So we decided to hold off on meeting until this week, so we'd (hopefully) be better and her husband would be back in town.

Tonight we all met at our motorhome and drove over to Tanpopo, a japanese restaurant in Palm Desert. They have sushi happy hour from 5-6pm where all their sushi is 1/2 off. We had an excellent time getting to know then and hearing their tips and idea of places to go and things to see. They've been full-timers for 2 years. Susan found my site through Kristen's site, which they found through Malia's site. I told them about meeting Howard & Linda and their fun & internesting site. Us young full-timers have to stick together.

Anyway, we had very fun evening with them, and as Rich said on the way home, "it's nice to talk to younger people who GET full-timing." So many people don't understand why we are doing this or say we are "too young" to full-time, so it's refreshing to talk to people who understand and are doing it too.

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I GET full timing... ;^) I just cannot afford it at this time in my live! LOL!

BTW, I now work "across the street" from your old house. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home